It's always nice to have an arsenal of ways to fight a cold the natural way. Here are five remedies to soothe the aches and pains of sickness.
1. Honey Ginger Tea to Soothe: Honey has been known to sooth sore throats and ginger is anti-viral and supports the immune system.
Recipe: Half cup ginger sliced, four cups water bring to boil add ginger, then simmer for 20 minutes. Add honey to taste.
2. Greens for Healing: Getting a large dose of alkaline forming nutrients and anti-viral and bacterial food is essential to healing fast!
Recipe: Put two cups spinach, half lemon, one inch piece of ginger, three stalks of celery, and one apple in a juicer, and drink!
3. Tumeric Sore Throat Gargle: Turmeric has been used in many cultures to fight sickness as it is anti-inflammatory and healing.
Recipe: ½ cup warm water, ½ teaspoon turmeric, pinch of salt
4. Nasal Congestion Remedy: Purchase a Neti Pot at any health food store or online. Throughout India they use this natural remedy to clear nasal congestion and to promote good nasal health.
Recipe: ½ tsp salt to one cup warm (not hot) water.
5. Bath for Aches: Whenever you feel those terrible aches and pains try this soothing bath to alleviate the distress in your body and to create better circulation.
Recipe: Add 3-5 cups Epsom salt to hot bath followed by a warm shower to get the salt off.