Looking to get started with meditation but need a little celebrity inspiration? Check out these five celebrities who meditate, some of whom are just starting out and others whom have been meditating for over thirty years.
1. Gwyneth Paltrow - Gwyneth is a newbie to meditation, just like most of us. She said in January that, "My New Year's resolution is to learn how to meditate. It’s always sounded like something I should do, but I don’t know how to. My friends who do it say it’s really freakin' brilliant. They say you can’t know the peace/awareness/contentment until you do it. My brain drives me mental. I am going to start." Guess who she's learning from? No.2 on our list, David Lynch.
2. David Lynch - Not only has he been meditating for over thirty-five years but he's also written a book about it, Catching the Big Fish: Meditation, Consciousness, and Creativity. Last year he launched the David Lynch Foundation, "dedicated to providing students with the opportunity to learn how to meditate." Maybe if I began to meditate I'll began making Academy Award nominated movies like Lynch's Mulholland Drive.
3. Gisele Bundchen - Yes, even supermodels meditate. Gisele credited meditation for keeping her healthy while she was pregnant with her newborn son, saying, "I kept myself in good shape, eating healthily, meditating and doing exercises such as kung fu and yoga." Meditation probably kept her sane while she gave birth in a bath -- yes, she gave birth in a bathtub in the Boston penthouse apartment she shares with husband Tom Brady.
4. Rivers Cuomo - The frontman for the rock band Weezer takes meditation to the next level. He's currently at a 45-day meditation retreat, and before he left said that "one of the things that happens to me in these courses is that my memory gets razor-sharp."
5. Russell Simmons - As we noted in our profile of him yesterday, the entrepreneur / impresario / author has been meditating for over twelve years. Simmons says the following about meditation: "It has given me energy, strength, health, wisdom, and access to my own inner stillness, inner silence, inner bliss. It is my connection to myself; it is my connection to the universe."
Rivers Cuomo via Brennan Schnell
Also, establishing a regular meditation practice can drastically improve your health, and so can choosing the right foods. Ready to learn more about the power of food? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.