Authenticity is my favorite word. There aren't enough adjectives in the English Dictionary to describe how fabulous I think it is when you see someone being their Authentic Self. This person just kind of sparkles and being near their realness is rather cozy and inspiring.
We have all grabbled with how to handle peer pressure, social media ideals and societies standards regarding everything from marriage, weight, children, where we live, how we live, etc.
Let's stop all of the 'image management'. It's exhausting, stressful and the exact opposite of authenticity. I have been there and let me reassure you that trying so very hard to be liked, loved, forgiven, accepted, etc. when you are not involved in authentic relationships, only leads to discouragement and depletion of self.
So, how can you begin to be your most 'Authentic Self' today?
I have a couple of ideas to share with you! Here are five ways:
1. Make Lists: What you love about yourself, who do you love to spend time with & what brings you passion and joy? Once it is all written down - breathe - and be that person you just wrote about.
2. Ignore the Naysayers. This is an important factor in being true to yourself. If there is a ripple effect of negativity as you make positive changes, this is ok. I know it is uncomfortable but being YOU is much more savvy than creating an image so others are satisfied.
3. Align Your Heart with Your Steps. Which direction are your feet walking? Are they walking towards what you are passionate about in your heart? They should be.
4. Accept Yo-self. Stellar Slang. Figure out who are you and when you do, accept yourself with unconditional loving arms. Do not waste another second comparing yourself to others or concerning yourself with what others think. It truly does not matter unless you want it to. You get to decide.
5. Let Go. Let go of the past, it's over. Let go of other's expectations. Let go of your worry for the future. Just be. Simply being in the moment and showing up as your true self is beyond romantic, lovely, sexy, brave and honorable.
"There is nothing more beautiful than seeing a person being themselves. Imagine going through your day being unapologetically you." - Steve Maraboli, Life, the Truth, and Being Free