9 Sexy & Healthy Snacks to Serve for Your Guests
We're all looking for a little fun when we're entertaining and the booze can only take us so far -- so why not step out of your comfort zone and take a stab at these quick, easy and fun snacks that are health and packed with a nice dose of fiber, healthy fats and lean protein.
1. Eggplant Fries (Sliced Eggplant sprinkled with olive oil, ground flax seeds, baked at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes)
2. Fresh Basil and Fig Pizza (Corn tortillas topped with fresh basil, arugula, figs and hemp seeds baked at 325 degrees F for 20 minutes)
3. Stuffed Mushrooms (Button mushrooms stuffed with whole grain crushed cereal, ground cashews and oats baked at 375 degrees F for 10-12 minutes)
4. Mini Veggie Tacos (Toasted soft corn tortillas filled with slaw, avocado, Greek yogurt, diced mango and salsa; fold and bite)
5. BBQ Mini Edemame Burgers with Chipotle Sauce (Black beans and edemame mixed with BBQ sauce, slivered almonds and chipotle peppers on the grill)
6. Creamy Zucchini Guacamole (Zucchini, fresh mint, cherry tomatoes, cilantro and avocado mashed together)
7. Grilled Coriander Shrimp (Shrimp tossed with olive oil, fresh cilantro and coriander; grilled)
8. Grilled Tofu Bites on Skewers (1 block of extra firm tofu, marinated with ginger and balsamic vinegar and cut into 1/2 inch cubes, placed onto skewers with sweet potatoes and mushrooms; grilled)
9. White Bean Macadamia Dip (White beans , olive oil, fresh basil and macadamia nuts pureed in a food processor)
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.