If you have fallen into a routine that doesn't vary much from day to day, you may have accidentally turned your life on auto-pilot. Do you find yourself getting up in the morning, gobbling down breakfast, rushing to work, coming home exhausted, eating dinner in front of the television and promptly falling into bed? You might even work out here and there, take a short vacation and visit with friends but your life feels automated, without much inspiration or passion.
Now is a perfect time to switch off the monotonous schedule, energize your life and revive your spirit! Five years from now, you don’t want to suddenly realize that you’ve been in robot mode without tending to your spirit. Your time on this earth is precious. Remember, you are the driver in the front seat so move a little to the left, take a right turn, shift into high gear, or slow down to admire the view. It’s essential to stimulate your mind, body and spirit so you can live a fulfilling life.
You can step out of your comfort zone by taking small steps at home or big leaps abroad. Most importantly, you must take back the reins to create the life you’ve always dreamed about.
Below are 20 ways to get moving in a more passionate, spirit-filled direction!
1. Move your body by walking, dancing, doing yoga or anything that brings you joy and gets the blood and oxygen moving in your body.
2. Take a different route to work each day.
3. Clear clutter and move 20 things in your home to spark new ideas, behaviors and actions.
4. Challenge yourself to go outside your comfort zone - at work and personally.
5. Take a class to learn something new which stimulates your mental muscle and simultaneously connects you to people with similar interests.
6. Breathe deeply in nature to circulate oxygen and nature’s healing energy.
7. Forgive someone you love to open your heart.
8. Share your dreams with a like-minded friend and meet regularly to discuss action steps towards realizing your goals.
9. Read an inspiring autobiography of someone you admire.
10, Make a manifestation board by placing pictures and inspirational words on a corkboard that represent your dreams and hang it where you can see it every day.
11. Dedicate a special area in your home to meditate by sitting quietly, turning your attention inward, asking for guidance and listening.
12. Take a risk – emotionally.
13. Eat more local foods from the earth to stimulate your body’s energy and vitality.
14. Watch at least 50% less television per week to get up off the couch and actively participate in a new activity.
15. Take yourself on a date or invite someone to join you to visit a new part of the city, park, museum or art gallery.
16. Take breaks from the computer and social media to connect face to face with friends and family.
17. Hug a tree to receive its healing energy.
18. Give back by volunteering on a weekend.
19. Light a candle and say a prayer. Know you are being heard.
20. Travel to a foreign country to stimulate your senses on every level.
To completely revive and infuse your spirit, check out my Magical Marrakech Retreat from April 20-27 in Morocco, where you will practice yoga, eat delicious foods, visit historical sites, meet new people, experience an exotic culture, take a Moroccan cooking class and learn life enhancement techniques to re-energize your life.