Richard Branson hung out with Ted Turner a few days ago and said they "got talking about his philosophy for living life to the full." Enter's Ted Turner's 11 Rules to Live By.
That's right. Ted shared some of his voluntary initiatives or 'Rules to Live By' with Branson, which he just posted on the Virgin blog.
Here they are -- what do you think?
1. I promise to care for planet earth and all living things thereon, especially my fellow human beings
2. I promise to treat all persons everywhere with dignity, respect and friendliness
3. I promise to have no more than one or two children
4. I promise to use my best efforts to help save what is left of our natural world in its undisturbed state and to restore degraded areas
5. I promise to use as little of our non-renewable resources as possible
6. I promise to minimize my use of toxic chemicals, pesticides and other poisons and to encourage others to do the same
7. I promise to contribute to those less fortunate, to help them become self-sufficient and enjoy the benefits of a decent life including clean air, and water, adequate food, health care, housing, education and individual rights
8. I reject the use of force, in particular military force, and I support United Nations arbitration of international disputes
9. I support doing everything we can to reduce the dangers from nuclear biological or chemical weapons and ultimately the elimination of all weapons of mass destruction
10. I support the United Nations and its efforts to improve the conditions of the planet
11. I support clean renewable energy and a rapid move to eliminate carbon emissions
What do you think? What would your list look like?
Photo credit: Shutterstock