5 Tips to Get Through the Holi-Daze
Here are five tips to help you maximize the holidays for you and everyone around you.
1. Try Everything. The holidays come one time a year. So why not partake in all their goodness? Have the eggnog, go to the dinner, have your favorite gingerbread cookie, eat seconds of yams and stuffing. It is one time a year. Your body will make it through. And your mind will be happy that instead of spending energy trying to deny and eliminate your desires, you let yourself enjoy them.
2. Don’t Get Caught Up in the Stress. Just because other people are running around like elves with their heads cut off does not mean that you have to. Do what you need to do, when you want to do it, how you want to do it. Perhaps even calmly with smiles and cheer. There is no reason that stress-free holidays are not possible. So cling less to the popular anxious mentality and more to your true you.
3. Buy Less. Share More. So much of the aforementioned stress I hear about revolves around buying gifts. But what if you switched your focus from buying tangible goods for your friends and loved ones to sharing experiences with them? Maybe instead of manically maneuvering through hoards of shoppers to get a random belt or shirt for that person you decide to share a drink, coffee, meal, concert, or even just a walk with them instead? The experience and the memory will likely be more in line with the intention of getting them a gift to begin with. Think less about buying something, and more about sharing in something.
4. Double the Greens. Yes, definitely try and enjoy all your favorite holiday treats, but do forget about the green vegetables. In fact, try and eat more of them. The nutrients and minerals in green vegetables will keep your metabolism on point, digestive system happy, body cleansed, and skin radiant. Not to mention your weight even despite the festivities. Make sure 50% of your meals during the holidays are green vegetables. And then have the slice of pumpkin pie.
5. Commit to Time for You. Every day, 15 minutes to an hour just for you. Ideally to sweat or meditate. If you think that it is impossible with so many holiday events and travel, then you need to give yourself an experience, the I.AM.YOU. experience, through I.AM.YOU. audio classes. Whether you have 15 minutes, 30 minutes, or an hour – make sure you set up a time that's just for you! Rember: keep the weight and stress off, but turn on life. And always have fun!