Roasted Pumpkin Seeds a la Kettle Corn
After I carved my pumpkin on Halloween, I decided I wanted to roast its seeds -- not just salty style but also sweet, like kettle corn. My friends said "impossible!" and then I whipped out a can of coconut oil, full of sweetness and good fats. Added to pumpkin seeds, one of the most mineral-rich and fibrous foods on earth, and you’ve got yourself not only the healthiest post-Halloween loot around but also a new tradition.
- pumpkin seeds
- coconut oil (enough to coat all your seeds)
- salt (a little or a lot, to taste)
- Carve yourself a pumpkin (hey, it’s never too late) and scoop out the seeds.
- Wash and dry seeds thoroughly.
- Place seeds, oil and salt in a bowl and stir well.
- Set oven for 300°F. Bake seeds for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE web class with nutrition expert Kelly LeVeque.