According to yesterday's Wall Street Journal, companies like UBS and American Express are bringing on "Happiness Coaches" -- and here are some examples of the coaches' tips to make you happier at work:
- Write e-mails to your co-workers every day thanking them for something they have done.
- Meditate daily to clear your mind.
- Do something for somebody without expecting anything in return.
- Write in a journal about things you are thankful for; look for traits you admire in people and compliment them.
- Focus on the process of your work, which you can control, rather than outcomes, which you can't.
- And don't immediately label events good or bad, but remain open to potentially positive outcomes of even the most seemingly negative events.
Full article at The Wall Street Journal