Organic Spa Magazine's Top Green Spas & Resorts
Organic Spa Magazine recently came out with their picks for the 10 best green spas and resorts in the world. Here are the 5 spas & resorts in the USA that stood out:
1. Callaway Gardens - Located in the Appalachian Mountains just an hour north of Atlanta, Callaway Gardens has tons of outdoor gardens and even a butterfly habitat. The restaurant inside this 13,000 acre resort is entirely dedicated to the "Slow Foods" concept.
2. Sullivan Estate - Located in Oahu, Hawaii this resort is solar-powered, the food is organic, and activities include facial yoga. The owner of the resort is the co-founder of Jurlique, so all treatments include Jurlique's products. (Pictured below).
3. Blue Marble Spa at the Hyatt Regence Mission Bay - Located in San Diego, this is Hyatt's first eco-friendly spa where all skin care and fruit are natural and organic.
4. Mohonk Mountain House - Located in New Paltz, NY, about 90-minutes north of NYC, Mohonk has been owned and operated by the same family since 1869. Their geothermal-powered spa has over 200 windows allowing guests to take in the outdoor beauty of the Hudson Valley.
5. Keystone Lodge & Spa - Located in Colorado, Keystone is an outdoor enthusiasts dream with skiing in the winter and hiking and fly-fishing in the spring/summer. The spa is loaded with organic products, uses wind energy, and also has an on-site composting program.
For the full article and the rest of the list check out Organic Spa Magazine.