7 Wellness Habits You Can Borrow From A Victoria's Secret Model

7 Wellness Habits You Can Borrow From A Victoria's Secret Model Hero Image
Photo: Getty

Take one look at Jasmine Tookes, 26, and it's clear that she knows a thing or two about taking care of herself. The 26-year-old model and Victoria's Secret Angel has glowing skin, a toned physique, and a playful smile that lights up a room.

Her secret? Putting her health first. From getting enough exercise to being diligent with her skincare routine, here are Jasmine's health and wellness secrets.

1. She adds variety to her workouts.

Jasmine exercises every single day—no exceptions. But to avoid boring workouts and her body plateauing, she makes sure to mix it up.

"I love doing weight training because I like to really tone and become really strong," she tells Elle magazine. "I love doing plyometrics and also squats. I love doing barre classes, those are also really good for your butt and your abs."

2. She prioritizes food that makes her feel good.

Junk food isn't exactly Jasmine's thing. She finds she feels her best when she's eating a lot of protein and vegetables. "I eat a lot of protein ... a lot of protein," she tells Elle." A lot of grilled chicken and vegetables and also I'll eat a lot of pasta because I'm naturally on the smaller side so I try to eat a lot, gain a little muscle."

3. She eats breakfast.

And yes, that breakfast is healthy. "I wake up and have a protein shake. I’ll put in banana, chocolate whey powder, peanut butter, strawberries, and almond milk," she tells New York Magazine. "Then I’ll have breakfast, which is usually two hardboiled eggs with spinach."

Photo credit: @jaminetookes

4. She exercises for the right reasons.

While her strong body is a nice bonus, the main reason Jasmine works out as much as she does has to do with her how she feels. "Growing up, I did gymnastics for 16 years. For a while when I was modeling, I completely stopped working out. I thought, I’m fine, I don’t have to work out, I have a fast metabolism," she tells New York Magazine. "But feeling really strong has changed my mindset so much. You feel really good."

5. She doesn't use travel as an excuse to let her fitness routine fall to the wayside.

Don't have access to a gym? That's never stopped Jasmine before. "I take a little travel workout pack," she says. "You can do things in your hotel room. I bring my ankle weights so I can do a few butt workouts. If I don’t, I lose the momentum and take two or three weeks off."

6. She treats her skin with with respect.

Want glowing skin? Take your makeup off every single night. Yes, really. "Never go to bed without taking off your make-up!" she tells Vogue. "I would tell myself to listen to my mother about not wearing makeup, I was always eager to. The longer you wait, the better skin you will have."

7. Her definition of wellness is a healthy one.

In an industry like Jasmine's, it's easy to get caught in the comparison trap. But she makes sure that never happens. "[Wellness] is about being the best version of yourself and not comparing yourself to others," she says. "Everyone’s body is different."

Amen to that.

Explore More