What better moment to do this simple ritual than the Spring Equinox, a time for sowing seeds and planting what we wish to harvest later in the year?
1. Find a spot outside where you can feel the breeze blow and the sun shine directly on your skin. Place a dropper full of your flower essence of choice in a glass of water and place the glass in front of you. (I love using Clarity essence when looking to focus and clear away anything that is muddying my mental waters.)
2. Sit comfortably, close your eyes, and take a few deep breaths to clear your mind.
3. Begin to imagine the first seed you want to plant this year: financial abundance, a new job, better intimacy with your partner, whatever your heart desires.
4. Use your mind's eye to see the seed you want to grow sitting in your belly, just below the belly button. (The sacral chakra is where we birth things into being.)
5. As you focus on that seed, take a sip of water and follow it down until it reaches the seed.
6. Once it does, move on to the next seed and repeat this practice until all of your seeds are watered.
Bonus points: Once you have completed this practice, pour the remainder of your floral essence water onto the earth that sustains us in a gesture of gratitude. After all, it is through giving that we open ourselves to receive.
The piece was co-written by mbg's beauty and style editor, Kayla Jacobs.