If you're searching for a flour alternative, consider the humble butter bean. It's packed with good protein, fiber, B vitamins, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and zinc. These butter bean muffins are not only super healthy, but they're almost like a complete meal. With this recipe you get the wholesome benefits of eating beans with the taste of chocolatey muffins. You won't miss the flour at all.
Butter Beans Are The Best, Unlikeliest, Flour Substitute You Need To Try
December 1, 2016 — 10:16 AM
Butter Bean Chocolate Muffins
- 1½ cups butter beans (soaked and cooked)
- 2 eggs (or chia eggs, or flax eggs. To make one chia egg, soak 2 tablespoons chia seeds in 6 tablespoons water overnight to get a gelatin-like consistency)
- About ½ cup of your favorite sweetener, like stevia, coconut sugar, or date paste
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ cup dark chocolate chunks (or chocolate chips)
- ½ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Make sure beans are really soft (well-cooked) and rinsed very well too.
- Blend all ingredients (except chocolate chips) in high-speed blender until well-combined.
- Add chocolate chips/chunks into batter and stir with a spoon.
- Pour batter into molds.
- Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes.