Butter Beans Are The Best, Unlikeliest, Flour Substitute You Need To Try
If you're searching for a flour alternative, consider the humble butter bean. It's packed with good protein, fiber, B vitamins, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and zinc. These butter bean muffins are not only super healthy, but they're almost like a complete meal. With this recipe you get the wholesome benefits of eating beans with the taste of chocolatey muffins. You won't miss the flour at all.
Butter Bean Chocolate Muffins
- 1½ cups butter beans (soaked and cooked)
- 2 eggs (or chia eggs, or flax eggs. To make one chia egg, soak 2 tablespoons chia seeds in 6 tablespoons water overnight to get a gelatin-like consistency)
- About ½ cup of your favorite sweetener, like stevia, coconut sugar, or date paste
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ cup dark chocolate chunks (or chocolate chips)
- ½ teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Make sure beans are really soft (well-cooked) and rinsed very well too.
- Blend all ingredients (except chocolate chips) in high-speed blender until well-combined.
- Add chocolate chips/chunks into batter and stir with a spoon.
- Pour batter into molds.
- Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes.