I love San Francisco-style tacos and burritos. I'll say it again -- I LOVE them. So when my wife and I packed our bags and moved to Brooklyn last year, I went through some serious Mexican food withdrawal. Don't get me wrong, I'm a New Yorker and I love living in Brooklyn --- I just miss my San Francisco-style tacos and burritos.
So when I read the NY Times glowing review of Dos Toros Taqueria in Manhattan I began to salivate. But it gets better -- not only does this new taqueria have delicious Mexican food, but they also use local and organic ingredients and are eco-friendly. Here's what the Dos Toros site said about their commitment to sustainability:
- Our chicken is locally raised, and fed a vegetarian diet with no hormones or antibiotics. For more info go to www.murrayschicken.com.
- Our pinto and black beans are grown organically.
- Our utensils, cups, napkins, and bags are all biodegradable.
- We compost our kitchen food waste, and we recycle bottles and cans.
- All our cleaning products are non toxic, and made from biodegradable plant and mineral based ingredients.
- The extra groovy wood used for the tables, chairs, bench, and wainscoting is all reclaimed from a barn upstate. The tin on the ceiling is also reclaimed.
- We get all of our electricity from renewable energy sources.
I don't know about you, but I'm in organic and green Mexican food heaven!
137 4th Avenue
New York, NY, 10003
Want to learn more about four diet & lifestyle changes you can make TODAY to eliminate chronic inflammation? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Dr. Vincent Pedre.