So when I read the NY Times glowing review of Dos Toros Taqueria in Manhattan I began to salivate. But it gets better -- not only does this new taqueria have delicious Mexican food, but they also use local and organic ingredients and are eco-friendly. Here's what the Dos Toros site said about their commitment to sustainability:
- Our chicken is locally raised, and fed a vegetarian diet with no hormones or antibiotics. For more info go to www.murrayschicken.com.
- Our pinto and black beans are grown organically.
- Our utensils, cups, napkins, and bags are all biodegradable.
- We compost our kitchen food waste, and we recycle bottles and cans.
- All our cleaning products are non toxic, and made from biodegradable plant and mineral based ingredients.
- The extra groovy wood used for the tables, chairs, bench, and wainscoting is all reclaimed from a barn upstate. The tin on the ceiling is also reclaimed.
- We get all of our electricity from renewable energy sources.
I don't know about you, but I'm in organic and green Mexican food heaven!
Dos Toros Taqueria
137 4th Avenue
New York, NY, 10003
Photo credit: Hiroko Masuike for The NY Times