1. Start by setting aside an area in your house to create your altar. It doesn't have to be large—the corner of a bedroom or living room is perfect. If you're lucky enough to live in a warmer climate, try setting yours up outside.
2. Take time to sit in meditation and decide what you would like to clear out and bring into your life. As you are creating your altar, keep your intentions in mind and perhaps write them on a piece of paper to place on your altar.
3. Create the base of your altar using a tray or small table that can hold your display.
4. Decorate your altar with items that resonate with you and speak to your spiritual side. You can throw in some healing crystals, crystals of loved ones, printed quotes expressing love and gratitude, scented candles, mala beads—anything that inspires you to be the absolute best version of you.
5. Visit your altar periodically today, and any day moving forward, to check in with yourself. Sit quietly and look onto the display you've created, breathing deep and visualizing yourself dropping everything that's weighing you down. Take in the spirit of the day and mourn that which you're leaving behind, while celebrating all that you're moving toward.