A Red, White & Blue Smoothie To Take To The Polls
We're interrupting our regularly scheduled content to remind you to VOTE!
Because every vote counts.
Because you count.
Because your opinion matters.
Because you deserve to be heard.
Start the day by going inward with a reflective meditation, then blend up this red-white-and-blue berry smoothie—a portable, patriotic breakfast you can take to the polls. Before the business of daily life sets in, get out, line up, and cast your ballot! It's our future. Let's choose it.
Red, White & Blue Smoothie
For white layer
- ¾ cup 2 percent Greek yogurt or kefir
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons raw coconut flakes
For red layer
- ½ cup raspberries, frozen
- 4 strawberries, frozen
- ½ banana, frozen
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup almond milk
For blue layer
- ½ cup blueberries, frozen (reserve a few to top off smoothie)
- ½ cup water
- 2 teaspoons honey
- For white layer: Mix yogurt/kefir, toasted coconut, and honey together. Set aside.
- For red layer: Blend all ingredients until smooth. Pour into the glass. Rinse blender.
- For blue layer: Blend all ingredients until smooth.
- To assemble, spoon the white mixture into a portable glass and tap the glass to level.
- Then slowly pour on the strawberry-banana mixture.
- Last, pour on the blueberry mixture.
- Top with fresh blueberries.
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.