30 Amazing Photos That Will Make You Wish You Were At Burning Man 2016

Photo: Jessica Yurasek

Burning Man, the famed yearly gathering of nearly 70,000 people in Black Rock Desert, Nevada, has ended once again. The leave-no-trace event, which temporarily becomes one of the largest cities in Nevada for only one week a year, celebrates art, creativity, inspiration, participation and community.

Even after six years attending, I'm drawn back again and again for the continued inspiration and wonder. Biking around the dreamlike desert, discovering magical art pieces, meeting creative makers, being thrown out of my comfort zone, and participating in such an inspirational community are a few reasons I keep returning.

This year on the playa, I was particularly observant of the fact that Burning Man is so much about play. As adults, we fall into mundane patterns back home in our cubicles, often forgetting to set out on childlike adventures of discovery and curiosity. Burning Man offers the perfect playground, filled with astounding works of art and creativity ripe for discovery.

Take a little journey through some of the dreamy magic that I discovered in the dust this year with these photos from the playa.

Jessica Yurasek

Jessica Yurasek

Jessica Yurasek

Jessica Yurasek

Jessica Yurasek

Jessica Yurasek

Jessica Yurasek

Jessica Yurasek

Jessica Yurasek

Jessica Yurasek

Jessica Yurasek

Jessica Yurasek

Jessica Yurasek

Jessica Yurasek

Jessica Yurasek

Jessica Yurasek

Jessica Yurasek

Jessica Yurasek

Jessica Yurasek

Jessica Yurasek

Jessica Yurasek

Jessica Yurasek

Jessica Yurasek

Jessica Yurasek

Jessica Yurasek

Jessica Yurasek

Jessica Yurasek

Jessica Yurasek

Jessica Yurasek

Jessica Yurasek

Related Posts

Your article and new folder have been saved!