From the triumphant return of bare-faced beauty at Tommy Hilfiger, to the easy-to-sport electric orange lips at Jason Wu, spring/summer 2017's New York fashion shows offered a welcome (and pared-down) beauty refresh for the new season — as well as a renewed celebration of individuality in hair and makeup.
Discover mbg's edit of the five beauty moments we loved from the past 72 hours of shows.
Alexander Wang went full-out surfer beach girl; you know the one who looks like their skin has been kissed by the sun? Baja East's take on beachy vibes was more urban and gritty with a humidity-enhancing sexy, smoky, and sooty cat's eye — but all you need to take away is that with any allusion to beach life, the messier, the better ...
The hair at Yeezy catered to each models' individual hair texture. Normally, season after season, we've become numb to the fact that hair and makeup artists work with designers to create a "sameness," but lately — and especially during this show — we noticed that models broke free from uniformity and were styled to look like, well, themselves. Yay!
- Innersense I Create Volume adds lift from roots to ends with certified organic honey and aloe. ($22)
The Butterfly Effect
The cat eye just got an upgrade with a painterly and butterfly-esque watercolor-inspired palette as seen at Jill Stuart, while Victoria Beckham's models' sported a mix of cobalt blue graphic eyes and emerald green flicks that we're itching to re-create.
- We love the eight colors in the Lily Lolo Smoke & Mirrors Palette, a 100 percent natural formula packed with lashings of pomegranate and manuka oils for an antioxidant and antibacterial eyeshadow kick! ($34)
Here at mbg, we've always thought of skin care as makeup, and we're delighted to see that SS 17 is embracing the lit-from-within-skin we write about and showcasing beauty in all its kaleidoscopic glory. At Tommy Hilfiger and Band Of Outsiders, sheer skin and taupe eyeshadow ruled, perfect for those who could care less about their under-eye bags and getting makeup on the collar of their crisp white shirt!
Bold orange lips (the kind that instantly make you think of sunshine) and a hint of highlighter in the inner corners of the eye was enough to make bare faces pop at Jason Wu, while at Prabal Gurung, natural, brushed-up brows and a flick of kajal liner highlighted the pervading spirit of makeup minimalism.
- Illia Voilà Lipstick, a bright tangerine hue that embodies the true nature of its color. ($26)
- Try rms Living Luminizer pearly illuminator in the corners of your eyes for a positively dewy and Bambi-esque effect. ($38)
- Province Apothecary Full-Brow Serum encourages the growth of healthier, fuller-looking brows with active pure botanical extracts. ($36)