Some people think that the idea that crystals can help with healing and manifesting intention is too "out there" and just not for them.

However, I've seen firsthand that crystals can be an incredibly powerful tool when used correctly. The key with crystals is to understand that they aren't going to do all the work for you. Rather, they serve as catalysts for change, and you're the one in the driver's seat.

I recently launched retail and lifestyle brand Karma Bliss to help people do the work I'm talking about: the "self" work that, while not easy, is absolutely crucial to self-discovery and ultimately self-love. Regardless of your initial reaction to the idea of crystals (I was skeptical at first, too!) I hope you'll read on as I debunk some common skepticisms and give further detail on crystals and their powers:

1. "There's no such thing as good or bad energy."

Of course there is! Take cues from life: Ever notice that when you are around negative people, you often leave feeling completely drained, agitated, and even depressed? On the flip side of that, think about the moments you've spent sharing ideas with happy and successful people who love and celebrate you. You feel on top of the world, right?

Energy is a powerful thing. It can mean the difference between you being your best self or held hostage at your worst. Crystals offer heightened levels of good energy and act as buffers against the bad stuff.

ADVERTISEMENT

2. "Crystals are just rocks."

"Just rocks?" Crystals are older than humanity by millions of years! A crystal recently found in Australia clocked in at 4.4 billion years in age. They are as much a part of nature as we are. Imagine for a moment the amount of energy that has moved through this beautiful planet over the past several million years. It's almost silly to think that some of that is not stored up in the crystals that exist throughout the world's landscape.

3. "Crystals don't attract anything."

Crystals heighten the intentions you set for your life. They help you manifest your deepest desires and unlock your deepest fears. You attract the energy you put out, and crystals expand your manifestation powers.

4. "Crystals equal magic."

Crystals are not the same as a magic spell, and they do not cause instantaneous transformation. Instead, they serve as incredible complements to the work you are doing in your spirit life. When you start the journey of self-discovery and self-love, crystals are an amazing tool to add to your arsenal of growth and change. But make no mistake, you still have to show up for yourself too!

5. "The more beautiful the crystal is, the more powerful it is."

I know we don't hear this idea often enough, but looks have nothing to do with this. Rough, tumbled, polished, cut, black, pink, or otherwise — it doesn't matter when it comes to the power of crystals. So if you feel drawn to a certain stone but are uncertain about its appearance, just go with it! Grab a stone that has the properties you want to attract. The color and look should be an afterthought.

Related reads:

Explore More