A Smoothie Bowl To Cure Your Post-Long Weekend Blues
Cherries are not just delicious but are also incredibly good for your health. They reduce inflammation and contain a lot of antioxidants, cancer-preventing compounds, and vitamins A, C, and K. They're also a rich food source of the hormone melatonin, which promotes healthy circadian rhythm and sleep patterns.
This smoothie bowl is probably one of the healthiest and most delicious ways to incorporate cherries into your breakfast. Its secret lies in the textures — creamy smoothie and juicy cherries meet crunchy granola to create an amazing sensation in your mouth! But don't take my word for it — try it for yourself!
Makes about 2½ cups
- 1 very ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup buckwheat groats (raw)
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup dried cranberries or raisins
1. Preheat oven to 300°F. Mash banana with a fork. Add cinnamon and maple syrup, if using.
2. Mix in oats and buckwheat groats. Add seeds and mix well. Place on a baking sheet, spreading out evenly.
3. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes (until golden and crispy). Remove the pan from the oven every 10 to 15 minutes and give the granola a good stir to ensure even baking.
4. Take it out, mix in cranberries, and let it cool. Place in an airtight container and store up to a week.
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 cups fresh pitted cherries, divided
- 1 cup spinach and/or other leafy greens
- 1 cup water or almond milk
- Vanilla powder or extract, to taste (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chopped high-quality chocolate or chocolate chips (optional)
1. Place a frozen banana, half the cherries, leafy greens, and liquid in a blender and blend until smooth.
2. Pour into a bowl; add the rest of the chopped cherries. Top with buckwheat granola and chocolate or chocolate chips.
Want to know if you should you go Keto? Paleo? Whole 30? Deciding what to eat to feel your best shouldn’t be complicated. We’ve removed the guesswork to give you all the best nutrition tips & tools, all in one place. Ready to kickstart your health journey? We’re here to guide you.