6 Ways To Reach Your Full Potential: A Professional Intuitive Explains

6 Ways To Reach Your Full Potential: A Professional Intuitive Explains Hero Image
Photo: Stocksy

As a psychic or professional intuitive, I speak with people from all walks of life.

I work with clients by seeing images in my mind's eye (clairvoyance), hearing voices in my head (clairaudience), experiencing strong knowings (claircognizance) and getting chills all over my body (clairsentience). Everyone I connect with is unique, but I'm always amazed to discover common themes during these sessions.

There are universal issues most of us need to work on to live at our highest potential. Here are six that I've recognized during my experience as an intuitive:

1. Uncover your subconscious blocks.

We all have subconscious programming that, unknown to our conscious minds, is sometimes completely running the show. You can uncover your biggest subconscious blocks by simply sitting down in a quiet place or going for a walk in nature. Think of something you're struggling with, like finances, and ask silently, "What is blocking me from having more financial abundance and freedom?" I tell clients that they've uncovered a significant subconscious block when the answer comes as a shock — a thought like, "You're afraid to make more money than your mother."

Lean into those blocks once they are uncovered, and strive to understand them both intellectually and emotionally. Then come up with a mantra to address the block, such as, "I make significantly more money than my mother did, which feels safe and joyful."

ADVERTISEMENT

2. Realize that the universe is always sending you guidance.

We receive signs from the universe all day long, both big and small. Unfortunately we oftentimes don't recognize them. For example, a client who is struggling with fertility might start hearing a lot about the benefits of acupuncture from her friends. Then, she starts seeing acupuncture mentioned randomly in books and movies.

She probably doesn't think twice about it, but there is nothing random about a coincidence like this — it's a synchronicity from the universe letting her know that acupuncture could increase her chances of conception. People, information and opportunities are put in our paths for a reason. When we stop to recognize these signs, our lives can take a quantum leap forward.

3. Accept that you are a powerful spiritual being.

Humans often underestimate themselves and are very hesitant to step out of their comfort zones. It's common for a client to doubt that they're strong enough to survive a major challenge; smart enough and talented enough to change careers; or worthy and desirable enough to attract an ideal romantic partner. No matter how confident you feel, I would bet money that you are underestimating yourself in at least one aspect of your life.

People think of spirit guides or angels or ascended masters — all the entities I contact for information in an intuitive reading — as powerful spiritual beings. But I have been guided time and again to tell clients that they themselves are just as powerful. If you need inspiration to go after a dream or face a challenge, think of Olympians, political activists, first responders, nurses, famous musicians, groundbreaking inventors, kick-ass moms. Humans are capable of amazing feats, and that includes you.

4. Start healing old wounds.

There's no doubt that a romantic wound from a failed relationship can keep you from dating again. Your mind might make up other excuses, such as "I've been too busy to date," or "I don't need a romantic partner to be happy." Those things can certainly be true. But many times I find with clients that the wound is calling the shots.

Sit with a journal and write down your biggest past wounds in areas like finance, career, romance, health, and family, and feel into which ones are still affecting you most. Nothing can be healed until it is revealed.

5. Believe that no situation is ever hopeless.

Whenever I use intuition to tune into a client's life, I can always find a lot of hope in his or her circumstances. Hope that is not just wishful thinking but very real. The angels and guides I tap into during readings can see life from a bird's-eye perspective, so they can recognize all the available choices, opportunities, and future blessings in store for my clients.

However, finding hope in your challenges does not mean getting attached to one specific outcome. Whatever you are facing, stay open-minded and ask the universe to send you signs about which resolution or path you should be pursuing and next best steps.

6. Don't intellectualize your feelings.

Oftentimes, my clients will say things like, "The divorce was devastating, but it was such an important lesson for my soul," or, "That bankruptcy was my worst nightmare, but so many beautiful things came out of the experience." Find comfort in the beauty of hard times. Every challenge or tragedy has a silver lining.

Yet an event can be a valuable experience and heartbreaking at the same time. You can see the hidden blessings and still be incredibly angry or sad. Stop to process all the challenging emotions attached to a crisis or tragedy. Some things cannot be, and were never meant to be, fully understood — just felt. Open yourself up to challenging emotions and you open up to your heart.

Explore More