8 Ways To Detox Your Beach Bag

8 Ways To Detox Your Beach Bag Hero Image
Photo: Stocksy

We're halfway through the summer, and by now the bottom of your beach bag is full of a ton of sand, loose change, sunscreen that burns your eyes, an old bikini, empty water bottles, a book that you're not really into, empty candy wrappers, and a dirty beach towel — am I right? Well, look no further, I've got a few fun new products to whip your beach bag into shape so you can start feeling good about what you put ON and IN your body. It's the easiest detox you'll do all year, and you won't regret it!

1. Beautycounter Sunscreen All Over Protect SPF 30

When looking for a sunscreen that's not full of all the junk you find in the usual brands, set your eyes on this easy-to-apply and super-potent sunscreen from Beautycounter, one of my favorite brands that is cleaning up the way makeup and personal care items should be! This is a must-have if you're prone to burning on the beach or headed out for a jog or a game of tennis in the sun. ($32)

2. Orgain Organic Nutritional Shake

These shakes are a perfect, convenient way to satisfy your hunger, keep you full and energized, and provide clean, complete nutrition for a day at the beach. Each shake is full of organic, grass-fed protein and fruits and veggies. They are USDA Certified Organic, gluten-free, soy-free, non-GMO, and made without artificial sweeteners, colors, or preservatives. For those who are vegan or just looking to add more plant protein to their diets, Orgain also makes soy-free vegan shakes with 16 grams of organic plant-based protein. ($3.69)

3. Made in Nature Organic Dried Mango

A healthy tropical snack that's good for your heart, makes you glow, and is easy to throw into your beach bag and go? Sold. No need to wash, peel, or cut this fruit snack. No added sugar here either. Their secret? They let the organic mangoes ripen on the tree to dry naturally to bring out their fresh taste. (From $9.99 for 8 ounces)

4. "Big Magic" by Elizabeth Gilbert

The must-read book of the summer, Big Magic is expressly written as a template: lessons in how to unleash your creativity. This super-inspiring tome that shows you how creativity resides in making the choices that make you happy is the perfect beach read to me! (From $9.99)

ADVERTISEMENT

5. Coyuchi Organic Beach Towel — 100% Organic Cotton Beach Towels

In Turkey, where bathing has been raised to an art, Khadi — hand-spun and handwoven cloth — is the traditional choice for toweling. These traditional lightweight Turkish bath towels reverse into a mini-loop terry and are highly absorbent. A must for any beach-goer. ($68)

6. Faherty Brand Bathing Suit

An eco-friendly fabric bathing suit that's sexy and won't fall off when you're bombarded by a wave in the ocean? Probably the quickest drying bathing suit I've ever tried, plus it's super comfortable and doesn't show signs of wearing — even after a few months of beach days. This suit is a must! ($148)

7. Pai Lotus & Orange Blossom Bioaffinity Tonic

An easy way to freshen up your face (and body) when you're sweaty and sticky from a day on the beach, mist this heavenly scentend tonic for a glowing look and cooling feel. It's also amazing to use after you shower to keep your skin protected and hydrated after a long day in the sun. ($56)

8. Terrasoul Superfoods Raw Almonds

No beach bag is complete without some raw nuts and seeds. Almonds take the win here. They're easy to toss into your bag and can be enjoyed all day long without you worrying about them going stale or getting smashed in your bag. Terrasoul's 100 percent organic raw almonds are imported from Spain, where pasteurizing is not a requirement. Fresh, crunchy, rich, and sproutable, they are also perfect for making delicious almond milk. Want an easy, nontoxic way to store your almonds? Check out what I use in my Instagram for a fun storage idea. (From $1.79 for a 1-ounce sample)

Explore More