Dessert For Breakfast: Blueberry, Yogurt + Granola Tarts
These blueberry granola tarts are a twist on a blueberry granola parfait. Instead of a granola topping, the granola is made into a delicious tart and then topped with yogurt and fresh blueberries!
Blueberry + Granola Breakfast Tarts
Granola crust ingredients
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup your favorite plain yogurt (I recommend Greek yogurt or coconut yogurt)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. In a food processor, add your oats and almonds, and pulse until crumbly.
2. Next, add coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt, and pulse again for about 1 minute, until it forms a crumbly dough. The dough should feel moist in your fingers but not too wet.
3. Press dough into mini-tart pans (or a large tart pan) with your hands firmly, until it covers the bottom of the pans, about ½ inch thick.
4. Place tart crusts in the oven for 16 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and let cool.
5. In a small bowl, mix yogurt, vanilla, and maple syrup together.
5. Using a spatula or spoon, spread the yogurt evenly on top of the tarts. Top with fresh blueberries, and serve immediately.
From Choosing Chia.
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE web class with nutrition expert Kelly LeVeque.