If you feel alone in your journey, choices, lifestyle or whatever other form it comes in, here are six tips to help you get out of your rut.
1. Build confidence and self empowerment, maybe even dance a little, so that you recognise your power and confidence comes from within you and you always have the choice to evolve it and step into it, even if it feels so far away right now. You have strength to pursue your passions or what is necessary for you to live with health and vibrancy, no matter what the masses are doing.
2. Talk to your loved ones about what you are doing in an honest but non threatening way. For some this may not be a step you feel you can do right now, or ever, dependent on your family and friends. if you don’t feel you will get the support, its ok to keep it to yourself but perhaps you need to question your current relationships and find new relationships where you have honest support and encouragement for your best interests.
3. Work with a knowledgeable coach who can inspire you, cheer you on and guide you to live your healthiest, best life possible while giving you constant connection and support so you don’t feel alone on your path. My coaching services can help you do just that.
4. Set up a meet up group locally where you can meet with like minded others. It doesn’t have to be people with the same health and lifestyle goals, although that would of course be extremely valuable and helpful. You could even just find and nurture a new hobby with a group. Knitting, sports, dance, AA, healthy cooking, whatever. If you have one thing in common and you allow yourself to connect with new people, you are bound to find a deeper connection with someone over time. Check out meetup.com for groups in your area.
5. Connect with like minded others online. While it’s not a face to face connection, there is still a lot of support and benefit to connecting with others on a global scale online. While it may not be the deepest connection right away, it can build relationships so that when you do meet face to face, friendships are already strong and well established. Especially when you are making choices that aren’t the standard, finding others who support you and your choices, even if they are 100,365 kilometres from you, will help you to feel less alone.
6. Host a dinner party, walk, pot luck, day trip, book club or any other activity or group where you can share with others and feel a connection on topics and interests that are meaningful to you.
At the end of the day, it’s up to you to pursue connections with people who will support you and help you to be the best you can be. To allow people to get close to you while boosting yourself up with interests and decisions that will help you to feel empowered, authentic and happy with your life.