These 5-Ingredient Cardamom + Tahini Cookies Will Make You Swoon
We all crave sweets sometimes. But processed cookies and pastries are filled with tons of not-so-great ingredients like refined sugars, simple carbs, preservatives, and additives.
These Cardamom Rose Tahini Cookies are packed with tons of flavor, but they have a lot more going for them, including great fats and fiber.
The combination of healthy fats and fiber leaves you feeling way more satisfied than a commercial cookie does, and with less sugar in the equation. Plus, they're vegan and gluten-free! Something for everyone.
These cookies are also so easy to make that you can make and bake a small batch in less than 20 minutes. It's the perfect amount to satisfy a craving without going overboard.
Cardamom Rose Tahini Cookies
Makes 9 cookies
- 3 tablespoons rapadura sugar
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons almond flour
- ¾ teaspoon cardamom
- 1¾ teaspoons rose water
- 9 almonds (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well.
3. Form batter into small balls.
4. Place balls on a lined baking sheet and, if using, place an almond in the center. Gently press down until they form a thick disc shape.
5. Bake at 325°F for 10 minutes, or until slightly brown.
6. Avoid temptation! Wait until cooled to remove from the baking sheet. They will crumble if they are moved when hot.
Want to learn how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.