We all crave sweets sometimes. But processed cookies and pastries are filled with tons of not-so-great ingredients like refined sugars, simple carbs, preservatives, and additives.
These Cardamom Rose Tahini Cookies are packed with tons of flavor, but they have a lot more going for them, including great fats and fiber.
The combination of healthy fats and fiber leaves you feeling way more satisfied than a commercial cookie does, and with less sugar in the equation. Plus, they're vegan and gluten-free! Something for everyone.
These cookies are also so easy to make that you can make and bake a small batch in less than 20 minutes. It's the perfect amount to satisfy a craving without going overboard.
Cardamom Rose Tahini Cookies
Makes 9 cookies
- 3 tablespoons rapadura sugar
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 3 tablespoons almond flour
- ¾ teaspoon cardamom
- 1¾ teaspoons rose water
- 9 almonds (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix well.
3. Form batter into small balls.
4. Place balls on a lined baking sheet and, if using, place an almond in the center. Gently press down until they form a thick disc shape.
5. Bake at 325°F for 10 minutes, or until slightly brown.
6. Avoid temptation! Wait until cooled to remove from the baking sheet. They will crumble if they are moved when hot.