A Better Side Salad: A Refreshing Corn + Mango Slaw
The first time I ate raw corn, I was shocked at how sweet and delicious it was. The little kernels burst in my mouth with a perfect little pop!
When you pair raw corn with sweet mango and lots of fresh herbs, sharp red onion, and spicy chili, you get a salad that is absolutely perfect as a side dish or topping for any kind of protein. Frankly, I could just eat this whole bowl with a spoon.
Fresh Corn + Mango Salad
Serves 4 to 6
- 2 ears fresh corn, husked
- 2 fresh mangoes, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1⁄2 yellow bell pepper, cut into small dice
- 1⁄2 orange bell pepper, cut into small dice
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red chili, minced
- 1⁄2 red onion, cut into small dice
- 1⁄2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- Grated zest of 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or olive oil
- Kosher salt
1. Use a sharp knife to cut the corn kernels from the cobs. Place in a large bowl.
2. Add the remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix well. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve, up to 2 days.
Reprinted from Pure Delicious by arrangement with Pam Krauss Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) LLC, a Penguin Random House Company. Copyright © 2016, Heather Christo LLC.
And are you ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE web class with nutrition expert Kelly LeVeque.