Busy women tend to struggle to make time for self-care. And I've never met a woman who wasn't busy. So, we're all struggling to take care of ourselves as well as we know we should.

We know self-care needs to be practiced consistently if we want to enjoy the benefits in the long term, but who was time for a two-hour bathing ritual or a four-hour tantric masturbation session? I'm guessing you didn't raise your hand. If so, like me, what you need are the small, low-effort practices that'll infuse your day with peace and energy without taking up your whole lunch hour.

So, I created a list of 28 simple ways you can infuse self-love into your daily routine. Practicing just one of these methods a day can lead to significant shifts in your self-love mindset in a short amount of time, so pick a few that resonate with you and adapt them in a way that best suits your lifestyle.

1. Make a list of what makes you valuable. You have great qualities—write 'em all out!

2. Create positive affirmations about yourself. Post them everywhere and say them out loud every day.

ADVERTISEMENT

3. Celebrate your successes! All progress, no matter how big or small, is worthy of celebration.

4. Create a gratitude list. Write down everything that you have to be thankful for right now.

5. Change your mental diet. Read uplifting books and listen to uplifting music or podcasts.

6. Focus on what you want to create. Put energy into the positive; ditch the negative.

7. Change your physical diet. Nourish your body with whole foods, and ditch the processed crap.

8. Create a list of your accomplishments and review it regularly. Be proud of what you have done!

9. Build a friend group that loves you and that you can love back. You are the company you keep!

10. Stop comparing yourself to others. Your own progress is all that matters.

11. Learn something new. It could be a language, art, anything! Stimulate your mind.

12. Be true to who you are. Go with your gut, listen to your intuition, and forget everything else.

13. Set daily intentions. Choose something positive to focus on every day.

14. Meditate. Clear your mind of the chatter.

15. Exercise. It doesn’t matter what it is—just get moving!

16. Just breathe. Let go of the stress with each exhale.

17. Take a break from the news. Give yourself a respite from all of the negativity in the world.

18. Create a peaceful, happy environment for yourself. Open windows, light nice candles, and play some music, just because.

19. Laugh. Do this every day. Life is too short to be serious all the time.

20. Challenge yourself. Try something outside your comfort zone—fear is an opportunity to grow.

21. Do something nice for yourself. A message, a mani/pedi, a haircut—enjoy! You deserve it!

22. Do something nice for someone else. Everyone feels good!

23. Clean out the clutter. Tackle that junk drawer or closet—cleanse your space!

24. Remember that you are a sacred, perfect expression of life. Don’t ever forget that.

25. Enjoy the silence. Find a place inside or outside where you can just be. Enjoy the quiet and solitude.

26. Say “I love you” with a smile to yourself in the mirror. It's a surprisingly powerful practice!

27. Cut out toxic people and relationships. They aren't worth the energy.

28. Create a wellness routine that makes you excited! It's the ultimate expression of self-love.

Self-love is the key to blissful living. You deserve to take a moment each day to nurture your mind, body, and soul.

If you don't do it, who will?

Related reads:

Explore More