Mango, Avocado & Herbed Baby Spinach Salad
Nutritious fruits and vegetables become a mouth-watering meal! This salad is refreshing, cleansing and a deliciously satisfying meal in itself. An enzyme-rich, alkaline lunch that is at once fresh, creamy and sweet. Enjoy alone or pair with a delicious raw soup like gazpacho for a heartier meal.
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 rounds of thinly sliced red onion
- 1 small handful mint leaves
- 1 small handful coriander
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 T cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil
- Celtic sea salt or Himalayan crystal salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Roughly chop the mint and coriander leaves and place in a large salad bowl with the baby spinach leaves.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper. Pour the dressing over the salad leaves and herbs and toss well.
- Cut the avocado in half length-ways and remove the stone and skin. Slice the avocado into long strips and add to the salad.
- To slice the mango, first cut off the stem. Hold the mango upright, cupping it in the palm of your hand. With the other hand, use a vegetable peeler or a paring knife to cut away the peel, following the curves of the mango. Lay the mango on its flat end and slice lengthwise, working around the flat seed in the middle. Repeat until all the mango flesh is removed. Cut each section into thin long slices as desired. Place the mango strips into the salad bowl.
- Gently toss the salad and add more salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with a few cherry tomato halves and a sprig of mint.
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.