An Easy Shrimp + Radish Salad That Tastes As Good As It Looks
Shopping for radishes at the farmers market can bring you a choice selection nearly as endless as the colors of Easter eggs. Using two different radish varieties automatically gives this salad a vibrancy of textures, colors, and flavors.
Georgia Shrimp + Radish Salad
Makes 4 servings
- 2 lb. unpeeled, large raw shrimp
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon table salt, divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 (4-oz.) watermelon radish, cut into fourths and thinly sliced
- 4 oz. d’Avignon radishes, thinly sliced
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup diced fennel bulb
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh mint
- Garnish: fresh mint sprigs
1. Peel and devein shrimp, and pat dry. Sauté in a very hot cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat for 4 minutes.
2. Combine shrimp, olive oil, 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Whisk together orange juice, next 4 ingredients, and remaining 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper. Pour over shrimp mixture, and toss. Serve chilled.
Want to know if you should you go Keto? Paleo? Whole 30? Deciding what to eat to feel your best shouldn’t be complicated. We’ve removed the guesswork to give you all the best nutrition tips & tools, all in one place. Ready to kickstart your health journey? We’re here to guide you.