An Easy Shrimp + Radish Salad That Tastes As Good As It Looks
Shopping for radishes at the farmers market can bring you a choice selection nearly as endless as the colors of Easter eggs. Using two different radish varieties automatically gives this salad a vibrancy of textures, colors, and flavors.
Georgia Shrimp + Radish Salad
Makes 4 servings
- 2 lb. unpeeled, large raw shrimp
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon table salt, divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 (4-oz.) watermelon radish, cut into fourths and thinly sliced
- 4 oz. d’Avignon radishes, thinly sliced
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup diced fennel bulb
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh mint
- Garnish: fresh mint sprigs
1. Peel and devein shrimp, and pat dry. Sauté in a very hot cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat for 4 minutes.
2. Combine shrimp, olive oil, 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl.
3. Whisk together orange juice, next 4 ingredients, and remaining 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper. Pour over shrimp mixture, and toss. Serve chilled.
Want to learn how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.