Eat Clean With These Tomato Hummus Collard Wraps
You won’t even miss the bread with these clean and healthy collard wraps. Full of flavor and packed with nutrient-rich vegetables, these wraps make the perfect lunch.
For more healthy meal ideas, check out my mbg video course A 14-Day Clean-Eating Program: How to Kick-Start Weight Loss in Two Weeks.
- 1 cup chickpeas
- ⅓ cup dry-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon smoked hot paprika
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 8 large collard green leaves
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, cut into matchsticks
- ½ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
1. To make the tomato hummus: in a food processor, combine the chickpeas, tomatoes, tahini, oil, garlic, paprika, lemon peel, lemon juice, and salt. Process just until chunky.
2. To make the wraps: cut the firm white stalks off the collards. With a sharp knife, slice off the thickest parts of the remaining stalks that run down the backside of the leaves. Put 2 collards on a work surface, head to foot (stalk ends at opposite ends) with the paler side facing up. The leaves should overlap slightly.
3. Spread ⅓ cup of the hummus lengthwise down the center. Top with ¼ of the peppers, zucchini, and parsley. Tightly roll the leaves beginning from the bottom and tucking in the sides as you go. Cut in half on a bias. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE web class with nutrition expert Kelly LeVeque.