Eat Clean With These Tomato Hummus Collard Wraps
You won’t even miss the bread with these clean and healthy collard wraps. Full of flavor and packed with nutrient-rich vegetables, these wraps make the perfect lunch.
For more healthy meal ideas, check out my mbg video course A 14-Day Clean-Eating Program: How to Kick-Start Weight Loss in Two Weeks.
- 1 cup chickpeas
- ⅓ cup dry-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon smoked hot paprika
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- juice of ½ lemon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 8 large collard green leaves
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 zucchini, cut into matchsticks
- ½ cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
1. To make the tomato hummus: in a food processor, combine the chickpeas, tomatoes, tahini, oil, garlic, paprika, lemon peel, lemon juice, and salt. Process just until chunky.
2. To make the wraps: cut the firm white stalks off the collards. With a sharp knife, slice off the thickest parts of the remaining stalks that run down the backside of the leaves. Put 2 collards on a work surface, head to foot (stalk ends at opposite ends) with the paler side facing up. The leaves should overlap slightly.
3. Spread ⅓ cup of the hummus lengthwise down the center. Top with ¼ of the peppers, zucchini, and parsley. Tightly roll the leaves beginning from the bottom and tucking in the sides as you go. Cut in half on a bias. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
Want to know if you should you go Keto? Paleo? Deciding what to eat to feel your best shouldn’t be complicated. We’ve removed the guesswork to give you all the best nutrition tips & tools, all in one place. Ready to kickstart your health journey? We’re here to guide you.