A Mood-Boosting Smoothie To Kick The Week Off Right
Whip up this chocolaty superfood smoothie to naturally elevate your mood and boost your spirits! Not only is cacao (the superfood behind all things chocolate) SO yummy, it’s also high in tryptophan, which increases serotonin levels in the brain.
The nourishing drink also features tryptophan-rich pumpkin seeds and coconut, which is loaded with medium-chain triglycerides—fats that keep your brain oxygenated, healthy, and happy!
- ½ frozen banana
- 1 cup almond milk
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free oats
- 1½ tablespoons protein powder (I used Philosophie Cacao Magic Superfood + Protein Blend)
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter (I used Philosophie Coconut Magic Coconut Butter)
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
- ½ cup ice
- Stevia, honey, or sweetener of choice (optional)
1. Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender. Blitz until all ingredients are fully incorporated. The smoothie should be thick and creamy, but feel free to add more milk or ice to adjust the consistency.
2. Top with extra pumpkin seeds, cacao nibs, hemp seeds, or coconut flakes if you have them on hand, and ENJOY!
Want to learn more about four diet & lifestyle changes you can make TODAY to eliminate chronic inflammation? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Dr. Vincent Pedre.