Celebrate Spring With A Kombucha Cocktail
Welcome spring the right way with this bright, colorful punch.
Superfood spotlight: Kombucha is an age-old fermented tea drink that has been around for centuries. It contains a variety of vitamins, minerals, and enzymes and has been prized by traditional cultures for its health-promoting properties, including liver detoxification, digestion, and nutrient assimilation.
Spring Fling Cocktail
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 4 cups water
- 1½ cups raspberries
- 1½ cups chopped rhubarb
- 1½ cups strawberries
- 4 beets
- 1 lemon
- ½ cup Raspberry Rose Syrup (recipe below)
- 2 cups whiskey
- 1 cup kombucha
1. In a saucepan, bring the water, raspberries, rhubarb, and strawberries to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Strain through a sieve, pressing to extract all the liquid. Discard the solids. Chill.
2. Using a juicer, process the beets and lemon. Place in a punch bowl, and whisk in the chilled fruit mixture. Add the rose syrup and whiskey. Top off with the kombucha for some extra effervescence.
Raspberry Rose Syrup
- 1 cup raspberries
- ¼ cup culinary-grade dried rose petals
- 1 cup boiling water
- ¼ teaspoon rosewater
- 1 cup honey
1. Steep the raspberries and rose petals in the boiling water for 15 minutes. Strain and lightly squeeze to extract any excess water.
2. Add the rosewater and honey, and stir until dissolved. Strain into a clean jar, cover, and keep refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
Want to know if you should you go Keto? Paleo? Whole 30? Deciding what to eat to feel your best shouldn’t be complicated. We’ve removed the guesswork to give you all the best nutrition tips & tools, all in one place. Ready to kickstart your health journey? We’re here to guide you.