If a person has acne that covers his or her face entirely, if the skin is aching and embarrassing, and this person wants to heal the condition as soon as possible, then we would look in more detail at their lifestyle choices: removing sugar entirely, eating a majority of raw-plant-based recipes, doing a liver cleanse, and recommending a series of recipes for applying nutrients to the skin.
By changing their lifestyle, people with severe acne can expect to experience improvements within a few weeks and significant results in four to six months.
Our lifestyle choices affect what we look like and how we feel, so let's make sure we're making the right choices. Here are 10 of my tips for getting and maintaining clear skin:
1. Juice every single day to cleanse you from the inside out.
2. Do a detox. Keep in mind: “Nutrition in, toxins out.” Replace all processed foods with natural foods.
3. Make sure you skin is hydrated. Try mixing ¾ cup extra-virgin olive oil, 1 tablespoon raw honey, and 1 tablespoon chamomile flowers (either loose leaf or taken from a teabag) in a high-speed blender. Apply to skin and massage.
4. For anti-aging and to reduce redness and inflammation, apply aloe or cucumber slices to your skin, wait 20 minutes, then wash.
5. Apple cider vinegar, diluted with an equal measure of water, acts as a skin toner.
6. Eat a majority of raw, living foods.
7. Eat less or no meat, gluten, sugar, dairy, or soy.
8. Drink lemon water daily to alkalize your body.
9. Use bentonite clay for a face mask that reduces the appearance of wrinkles. (This is nature’s version of Botox!)
10. Remember: if you can’t eat it, do not put it on your skin!
And to take care of your skin from the outside, here are three DIY mask recipes that treat a range of skin issues: