This is called the super salad due to the amount of everyday superfoods that are in it. All these ingredients in one dish mean a big bowl contains vitamins A, B group, C, E, and K; carotenoids; manganese; glucosinolates; flavonoids; copper; selenium; iron; and fiber. And best of all, it tastes great.
Kick Off The Week With The Ultimate Superfood Salad
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ garlic clove, minced
- Sea salt flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces kale leaves, finely sliced
- 3 ounces cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- ⅔ cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoons goji berries or aronia berries, or a mixture
1. Whisk together the oil, lemon juice, honey, and garlic, and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
2. Place the remaining ingredients in a salad bowl. Toss with the dressing and serve immediately.
Reprinted from Super Foods Every Day, by Sue Quinn, copyright 2015 by Hachette Livre (Marabout), published in the U.S. by Ten Speed Press, an imprint of Penguin Random House LLC.
Photography by Victoria Wall Harris