1. Heat oven to 415°F. Place sorghum and 3 cups of water in a pot over high heat. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cover, cooking for about 40 minutes. (Make sure to check the package directions, though.) The grains should be soft and slightly chewy, while maintaining their shape. Drain off excess water and set aside.
2. Place lentils and 3 cups of water in a pot over high heat. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cover, cooking for about 20 minutes, or until soft but still maintaining their shape.
3. While sorghum and lentils are cooking, roast the vegetables. Oil a baking sheet, spread out the cauliflower florets on the sheet and sprinkle with salt. Repeat with butternut squash on a separate baking sheet.
4. Roast both the cauliflower and butternut squash for 30 to 35 minutes, rotating the pans 180 degrees at the 15-minute mark.
5. Assemble ingredients in bowls, starting with a base of spinach, then topping with ½ cup of sorghum, ½ cup of lentils, along with the roasted vegetables and caramelized onions. Top with garnishes. Season to taste.
6. Put all dressing ingredients in a jar with a lid, shake to combine. Pour over bowl, by the tablespoon, adding more to taste.