7 Wellness Hacks For Lazy People

7 Wellness Hacks For Lazy People Hero Image
Photo: Stocksy

I consider myself a healthy person, but I’m definitely lazy. Sure I work out and take the time to read labels when grocery shopping, but when it comes to wellness practices, I’m always looking for an easy way out. If watching YouTube-rs make their beautiful morning smoothies and pour them into Mason jars makes you feel overwhelmed, this post is for you. Here are a few simple wellness hacks for lazy but healthy people.

1. Stay pH balanced.

Drinking lemon water throughout the day is one of the easiest things you can do to alkalize, or neutralize acid in the body. Though lemons are not alkaline themselves, they possess a low sugar content and high alkaline mineral content, having an alkalizing effect on the body. Lemon’s citric acid enhances your body’s ability to naturally flush out toxins from your body. Drinking lemon water has also been proven to aid in digestion.

Here's how to do it: Cut half a lemon and juice it into a large glass or water bottle (at least 8 ounces). After squeezing, dump the rest of the lemon into the glass. Refill your glass with lukewarm or room-temperature water for easy all-day lemon water.

2. Add fruit to your diet.

I’m not a big fan of juicing or juice diets mainly because eating a whole fruit gives you higher nutrient density. If you are looking to eat clean but don’t want to spend $10 on a fresh juice, there is a super simple solution: Eat a whole fruit.

The fiber contained in a whole fruit or vegetable is not available in juice. Fiber lives in the roughage, pulp and skin, which is extracted when juicing.

ADVERTISEMENT

3. Avoid junk food the easy way.

There are hundreds of arguments on whether or not breakfast is important for a healthy weight and what is the best time to eat it. Some argue within 30 minutes to an hour of waking, while others argue that you can skip it all together.

All I know is that not eating within 45 minutes of waking for ME leads to poor food choices, a highly irritable mood, and extremely low energy. So I keep a banana or orange by my bedside for an easy breakfast even on days I stay in bed a bit longer.

4. Do one yoga pose to relieve stress and refresh.

I’m not flexible, so yoga isn't easy for me. However legs-up-on-the-wall pose is the easiest pose ever and is known to aid in lymphatic drainage, depression, anxiety, menstrual cramps, regulate blood pressure, relieve tired legs, and stretch your hamstrings. The best part is that you can do this exercise while lying down, on your phone.

5. Keep your home clean by taking off your shoes.

Remove your shoes when you enter your home. Your shoes pick up nasty bacteria such as E. coli and meningitis. In fact a study at the University of Arizona analyzed the germs from footwear and found that some of the bacteria included Escherichia coli, known to cause intestinal and urinary tract infections, meningitis, and diarrheal disease; Klebsiella pneumonia, a common source for wound and bloodstream infections as well as pneumonia; and Serratia ficaria, a rare cause of infections in the respiratory tract and wounds.

6. Go commando when you sleep.

Don’t wear underwear to bed. Not wearing underwear can reduce bacteria growth that could cause bladder and other infections like UTIs. If you are always covered down there, there will be an increase in moisture, the perfect environment for yeast growth.

7. Reduce carbohydrate intake with one easy tweak.

Eat your sandwiches open-face or bun-less. Let’s get one thing straight, I’m anti-diet, but sometimes I need to cut back on carbs. One slice of wheat bread has around 78 calories and 14.3 grams of carbohydrates. Instead of altering your entire diet, make small and easy adjustments to prevent calories from piling up.

Do you have any lazy wellness hacks you want to share? Comment below or email me at uberoipr@gmail.com.

Related reads:

Explore More