Miss Jones Baking Co. will have a five-product line (two cake mixes, a brownie mix, and two frosting mixes) in stores in November. And you'll recognize every ingredient in the mix. (USA Today)
12 Things You Need To Know Today (January 22)
1. An all-natural, organic baking line is stepping up to Pillsbury and Betty Crocker.
2. As the Zika virus spreads, American health officials issue warnings.
The virus, which is linked to birth defects in babies whose mothers were infected, is spreading rapidly in the Caribbean and Latin American countries. Now, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has issued a warning that pregnant women should avoid traveling to 14 countries, and reports that 12 people in the U.S. are now infected after traveling abroad. (The Washington Post)
3. Brie Larson gushes over Amy Schumer's ability to bring humor into life's realest moments.
Larson eloquently explained, "Amy allows us to laugh about things that have been [taboo] for so long," she explains. "[Society's] feeling is: 'Do not discuss. Don't you dare.' And Amy says, 'Why? Being a human is super funny.'" (People)
4. White Castle just launched a food transparency website.
The mini-burger slinger's new website WhiteCastleClean.com is full of facts about its food-prep practices and has a database of all 420 of its stores' health scores (a not-so-subtle dig at Chipotle, perhaps?). (GrubStreet)
5. Sweden's latest fashion collection is made to be shared.
In order to reduce the environmental footprint of the fashion industry, Swedish company ShareWear has created a clothing line with pieces that users can wear for free as long as they vow to give them to someone else after one week. They hope that this will give people an incentive to share clothes instead of tossing them. (Tree Hugger)
6. 2015 is officially the hottest year on record.
And scientists warn that the record-high temperatures are showing no signs of slowing. (NY Times)
7. More Americans are living to the age of 100 than ever before.
The number of Americans reaching age 100 is up by 44 percent compared to 15 years ago, according to a new report from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (NY Times)
8. The feeling that you're more creative in the shower? It's real.
Research proves that all the singing and sudsing in the shower is worth your time, at least creatively speaking. (HuffPo)
9. Think twice before shaving that beard.
That lumberjack-like facial hair could save your life: A recent study found male hospital workers without beards were three times more likely to harbor MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) on their freshly shaven faces. (BBC)
10. The NFL just hired their first full-time female coach.
Meet Kathryn Smith — a woman — the Buffalo Bill's new full-time assistant coach. It's about time, pro sports! (NY Mag)
11. Meet Respect Your Universe, an "athletic tech apparel" company.
Just don't call them an "athleisure" brand. (Inc.)
12. This Instagram account invites you to open up about mental illness.
Let's Talk About Mental Health is a new Instagram feed that gets real about what it's like to deal with mental illness while trying to remove the stigma associated with it by sharing stories from real people who deal with it every day. (Refinery29)