10 Signs You’re Close To Finding Your Passion, Even If Doesn’t Feel Like It

Photo: Stocksy

This post is part of a series by Shannon Kaiser called Live Your Life — a primer on finding your passion and living with purpose. Each day this week, we'll post one article offering the foundational elements you need to go deeper in the search for your life's true meaning. When you're ready to take the next step, check out Shannon's course: Get Unstuck: How To Find Your Calling & Live A Life With More Meaning.

So many life-coaching clients ask me how to get unstuck, but I translate that to mean, "How do I live a life with more purpose and passion?" The answer to that is dedication to yourself and your dreams. But that's hard for a lot of people to grasp, because we determine our value based on how well we care for others.

Focusing on what you lack keeps passion and inspiration from coming to us.

When we lack passion, it's often because we're overextended. You may be exhausted from trying to make ends meet, making finding time to do what you love difficult especially.

Through my own personal journey as well as coaching hundreds of people, I've found that living a meaningful life is easier than you think, and it usually shows up when you least expect it. It wasn’t until I stopped asking, “why can’t I find my life purpose and passion?” to saying, “I am closer than I realize to finding my passion” that things changed.

Focusing on what you lack keeps passion and inspiration from coming to us. Instead, shift your focus to how far you've come. Maybe you feel stuck and passionless, but you're probably closer than you realize to living a life you love.

Here are 10 signs you're close to finding your passion:

1. You see that everything is connected, and realize that you weren't off track. You were in training.

Everything you’ve gone through is grooming you for your future. Maybe you see that that job you hated (or still can’t stand) has given you contacts, resources, and new skill sets that will help you in the next phase of your life. Even if you aren't crystal clear on the next phase, you sense it is all connected.

Arrow Created with Sketch. Article continues below

2. You follow your curiosity.

You find yourself being curious about things. You might have insights, inspirations, and curious ideas that come to you and you enjoy following through on these nudges.

3. You see what the future could be, and you're excited about the possibilities.

As you get closer to finding your purpose and passion, you may start to see visions of what you could be doing in the future. When I first left corporate I had no idea what I wanted to do, but I started to see visions of myself traveling the world and writing as an author and coach. Today I am living the vision that came to me.

4. You no longer need the approval of others. You're going to make it happen because you believe in yourself.

It's important to realize that people who care for you deeply may also be the first to question and worry about your life path, especially in the early stages of a major change. But, trust me — once you're thriving, they'll notice and lovingly support your efforts. It will all work out.

Related Class

5. You are starting to feel more aligned with your core values.

Your life choices and work are starting to feel more like an extension of your beliefs and worldview. You have identified what you value, and that is beginning to align with the work you do.

6. You fall asleep content, and feel eager and prepared to face the next day.

When you're fulfilled, you fall asleep feeling content and happy. You actually look forward to doing it again the next day.

7. You act on inspiration.

You may get insights and inspirational ideas, but instead of just thinking “That's a nice idea,” you actually take action steps to make it a reality. Following through on your inspiration is key to manifesting a passion-filled life.

8. You lose track of time doing what you love.

You sometimes lose yourself in the pure joy of the moment. You give yourself more time to do what you love.

9. You believe commitment is an honor.

When you discover your life's work, you no longer ask, “Is this the right path?” or “am I committed?” because you realize you were born to do this and you plan to do it for the rest of your life. Commitment to your passion feels like breathing. You cannot imagine spending your time dedicated to any other purpose.

10. Joy is your barometer for success.

Instead of looking at the numbers, accolades, public approval, or results, you judge your success by how much joy you feel. When you are aligned with joy you are living with passion, and everything else will fall into place.

Related Reads:

Related Posts

Your article and new folder have been saved!