Whether you make resolutions or not, the beginning of the year starts with momentum, and after a few weeks we start to struggle to keep it up. Maybe you didn’t lose as much weight as you wanted the first week, or you've found yourself starting to fall into old habits. It's tough sometimes to stay focused and keep your spirits high, especially when we aren't seeing the results we hoped for.
But even if you feel like you're falling short of your goals, chances are you're doing better than you recognize. Every setback can move you forward. Simply by becoming more aware and appreciative of how far you’ve already come, instead of being mad at yourself for not meeting some arbitrary goal, consider that this is an opportunity to reset and reevaluate your goals.
Here are 10 milestones to consider. Give yourself the deserved appreciation for the ones you've met, and consider those you haven't as potential new goals for the year. Either way, you'll be setting up 2016 as your best year yet. Just watch — you might end up in a better place than you thought possible.
1. You believe in the person you are becoming.
2. You realize it’s easier to succeed when you do what you love.
3. You’ve stopped beating yourself up for things not going the way you’d hoped, and see your life as a process.
4. You realize change is the only constant. You are learning how to tolerate the space between who you are and who you want to be.
5. You no longer force things. When it’s right, you know.
6. It’s easier for you to let go of things when they fall apart because you know better things are falling into place.
7. You appreciate the struggles because they have given you more strength.
8. You are less anxious than you used to be. You realize you don’t have to have it all figured out to move ahead.
9. You continue to invest in yourself and focus on daily improvements.
10. Your goals excite you, but the process of making them come true is just as exciting. You’ve learned how to embrace the journey.