1. Toast the spices in a dry frying pan over medium heat for 1 minute until fragrant.
2. Add half the ghee or coconut oil and the onion and fry for 2 minutes, then add the garlic and fry for 1 further minute.
3. Tip in the uncooked cauliflower rice and add the water. Give everything a stir, pop a lid on the pan, and steam for 4 minutes until tender.
4. Stir in the chickpeas, herbs (reserving some for serving), and dried fruit (if using), and season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Meanwhile, whisk all the dressing ingredients together in a bowl, seasoning to taste with salt and pepper. Set aside.
6. Divide the cauliflower rice mix between two plates, adding the watercress on the side, then wipe out the frying pan and place on high heat to fry the halloumi.
7. Heat the remaining ghee/coconut oil to a high temperature and fry the halloumi cubes in batches for about 1 minute on each side until each piece takes on a golden-brown color. (Keep your eye on them—too long in the pan and they’ll toughen up.)
8. Serve the hot halloumi on top of the plated-up cauli rice, with pomegranate seeds or pistachios (if using) sprinkled on top, then drizzle over the dressing and scatter over the reserved herbs.
TIP: You can always swap halloumi for crumbled feta or a fried egg, served on top. To keep it even simpler, just dress with extra-virgin olive oil and lemon juice.