1. "A day without laughter is a day wasted."
2. "We think too much and feel too little."
3. "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down."
4." A man's true character comes out when he's drunk."
6. "Laughter is the tonic, the relief, the surcease for pain."
7. "To help a friend in need is easy, but to give him your time is not always opportune."
9. "Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles."
10. "Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot."
11. "Like everyone else I am what I am: an individual, unique and different, with a lineal history of ancestral promptings and urgings; a history of dreams, desires, and of special experiences, all of which I am the sum total."
And here's a video celebrating Chaplin that Google put together: