At the end of every year, we tend to start beating ourselves up for what we haven't figured out by now, and planning ways we'll do better next year. Rather than going the route of traditional resolutions and limiting yourself to starting fresh once a year, why not start making positive changes right now?
For me, next year will be radically different. Instead of analyzing my failures and planning my comebacks, I'm choosing to embrace exactly where I am. I am celebrating this moment, right now, for just what it is.
This mindset shift has already begun to transform my life. I wake up feeling gratitude. I'm happy. I'm more productive. All this, simply because I made declarations to myself that I would let go of any beliefs or habits that no longer serve me.
These are the 10 things I'm letting go of before the New Year. Feel free to create your own let-go list, or use this one for inspiration.
1. I let go of thinking my life is off track. I am right where I am supposed to be to get to where I want to go.
2. I let go of pushing and trying to make things happen. If it is supposed to be part of my life plan, it will naturally find a way.
3. I let go of planning so much. The journey is more rewarding than the destination.
4. I let go of thinking I need to be everything to everyone. Instead I take care of myself first. When I show up for me, I can show up more fully for others.
5. I let go of thinking I don’t have time for exercise. My body craves movement and I honor its needs.
6. I let go of thinking life is supposed to be a struggle. I embrace the flow and allow all goodness in.
7. I let go of thinking I need to figure it out. There is no big secret — life is a journey and it is meant to be lived. I learn the way on the way.
8. I let go of thinking people are judging me for the way I look. I celebrate my unique body shape and am proud of who I am.
9. I let go of thinking my dreams and goals need to happen right now. Sometimes who I become in the process of waiting is more important than the actual achievement.
10. I let go of taking rejection personally. There is a plan greater than mine, and I trust all rejection is protection. When one door closes, another one is revealing itself. I trust the process.
What are you ready to let go of?
- This Mindset Might Be The Secret To Success
- 5 Ways To Simplify Your Life In 5 Minutes Or Less
- It Took Two Breakdowns & 10 Years For Me To Beat Depression. Here's How I Did It
Photo Credit: Stocksy
This article was inspired by the author’s book, Adventures for Your Soul.