Make This Super Simple Bowl For Dinner Tonight
We love a simple bowl full of colorful plants to comfort and nourish us on a cold night.
Paprika-baked yams with spinach and peas is another ridiculously simple, yet delicious recipe. Plants are #winning.
Yams, Peas, and Greens Bowl
Ingredients for yams
- 2 yams
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
Ingredients for salad
- 4 cups (120 g) baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoon (30 ml) fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups (303 g) peas
- 1 avocado
- ½ teaspoon black sesame seeds
1. To bake the yams: preheat the oven to 350°F. Wash and scrub the yams. Cut into ½-inch cubes and toss with the paprika and lime juice. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until tender.
2. To make the salad: Toss the spinach with lime juice, maple syrup, salt. and peas. Serve with the yam and avocado, and sprinkle on some sesame seeds.
This recipe is adapted from an excerpt of my new cookbook, The Rawsome Vegan Cookbook, on sale now.
And are you ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.