We can never control what is happening outside of our own consciousness, but we can take responsibility for that. We can examine our own lives, and take stock, regularly, of how much fear or love we are projecting into the world.
7 Soothing Mantras To Heal Your Heart From Tragedy
By hating myself, I was contributing to the hate in the world.
About a year ago, I decided to do something radically different. Instead of pointing fingers, blaming, or condemning others for their actions, I decided to look inward. I realized I was attacking myself through a negative inner monologue. “You aren’t good enough, smart enough, pretty enough, thin enough.” By hating myself, I was contributing to the hate in the world. And I realized that the only element of the hate in the world that I can do anything to stop is what is coming from me.
To stop hating myself is to raise the vibration on the planet. By loving yourself, you decrease the amount of negativity and pain in the world. I can make a difference by loving myself just a little more. So I did. One step at a time, I've found refuge in acceptance of myself.
If you want to make the world a better place, start by healing the anger in your own heart.
Here are seven healing mantras to say to yourself, to put on post-its around your house, or to write in your journal to help in the healing process.
1. There is a purpose to my pain.
2. Setbacks don’t define me. They nudge me into new awareness.
3. When I clean up my thoughts, I clean up my life.
4. Fear is just an invitation for love.
5. What feels like the end is often a new beginning.
6. You don’t have to compromise your beliefs to be compassionate.
7. Instead of focusing on the anger, focus on healing the pain.
These mantras are adapted from my new book, Adventures for Your Soul.