1. Hershey's is making an important ingredient swap.
The famous chocolate company is swapping the artificial ingredient "vanillin' for real vanilla in its Kisses chocolate recipe. (Time)
2. Chrissy Teigen celebrates her pregnancy curves.
The model took to Instagram to showcase her changing body, and empower other women to embrace whatever pregnancy might throw at their bodies. (mbg)
3. Antibiotics in meat could be a danger to children's health.
The "over-use" of antibiotics in food could be to blame for antibiotic resistance in humans. This could be particularly dangerous for kids. (CNN)
4. Being mom's favorite kid may not bode well for your adult life.
A new study out of Purdue University found that adults who felt they were their mom's favorite kid were more likely to be depressed later in life. (Town & Country)
5. Your body shape says a lot about your eating habits.
A new study shows that women who store more fat in their stomach region are more likely to binge eat than those who store fat in their legs and hips (mbg).
6. The average American wastes 11 pounds of beef (or almost 20,000 gallons of water) a year.
Food waste doesn't just waste food. It wastes all the resources — including water — that go into producing it. If you put all the food waste into one country, it would be the world’s third largest greenhouse gas emitter. How much water have you accidentally tossed? (Smithsonian)
7. Pregnant women can now down dog
Several yoga poses thought to be harmful to pregnant women and their babies were recently found to be perfectly OK as long as the pregnancy is low risk. (mbg)
8. The International Association of Athletics Federations suspended Russia from track and field events.
This news comes after The World Anti-Doping Agency released a report outlining an extensive doping program in Russia. (NYT)
9. Burnt toast could increase your risk of cancer.
A new study by Britain's food safety agency found that crispy toast and roast potatoes contain high amounts of acrylaminde, a known carcinogen. The researchers recommend toasting bread to the lightest color acceptable, and keeping potatoes to a light golden color. (The Telegraph)
10. Your Victoria's Secret perfume could replace mosquito repellent.
The fruity, floral scent was intended to act as a "control" in a test of mosquito repellents. Rather than attract the insects, as this type of scent is purported to do, it repelled them more effectively than any product besides DEET-based repellents. (CBS News)
11. The World Health Organization is taking a strong stance on antibiotic use.
In an effort to bring more attention to the dangers of antibiotic resistance, the WHO has kicked off its first World Antibiotics Awareness Week. They got the week started by releasing a global survey that shows that most people are uneducated about this important human health topic (WHO).
12. Previously undefeated Ronda Rousey loses her first match.
Rousey lost to the also-undefeated Holly Holm, 59 seconds into the second round of Sunday's fight in Australia. (NY Mag)
Photo Credit: Getty Images