Before you start joking that it should be called "Whole Paycheck," let me acknowledge that yes, Whole Foods has the ability to make even the most budget-conscious shopper overspend.

But America's most famous organic supermarket does have a few affordable gems in its aisles. Here's a list of 10 things that you can stock up on without breaking the bank.

10 Whole Foods Bargains Under $10 Hero Image
Leah Vanderveldt

Opt for freshly grinding your own almond butter on their loud (but kind of fun) machines. It's almost half the price of a lot of all-natural jarred brands.

Price: $7.99 per pound (peanut butter is only $5.59 per pound)

Photo credit: Whole Foods

A great base for quick, brothy noodle bowls and soups, this miso broth is a pantry MVP.

Price: $1.99

Leah Vanderveldt

Stock up on big boxes of all the basics: green, chamomile, rooibos, and peppermint.

Price: $3.99

ADVERTISEMENT

Leah Vanderveldt

Hit up the bulk bins for things like organic pepitas, walnuts, coconut flakes, quinoa, and lentils. You can get the exact amount you need for a recipe (reducing waste) and you aren't paying for superfluous packaging. Go, you.

Price: quinoa $6.99 per pound

Leah Vanderveldt

Look out for the LOCAL or SALE (duh) labels on produce — this is where the deals are.

Price: Depends (I got this 3-lb. local red kuri squash for $4!)

This stuff is not only a delicious sweetener, it doubles as a skin-softening face scrub and mask (I'm not kidding!).

Price: $6.59

Leah Vanderveldt

Green juice isn't cheap, but the Whole Foods juice bar sells 32 oz. for a reasonable price.

Price: $9.99

Leah Vanderveldt

Good for snacking and entertaining, this hummus is something I always like to have a tub of in the fridge. I'm currently digging this roasted garlic and chive version.

Price: $2.19

Leah Vanderveldt

I love having spinach in my freezer to quickly up the green content in any given meal. (It's a lot cheaper than the same weight of fresh spinach, too.)

Frozen edamame and peas are great for adding some hearty plant protein to stir fries, soups, and stews.

Price: $2.99

A favorite in my house, these are best served warm with Greek yogurt, berries, bananas, and (of course) maple syrup.

Price: $2.99

Cover Photo Credit: iStock

Explore More