5 Exercises For A Ballerina Body (You Don't Need The Barre!)
As a private yoga instructor and former dancer, I love incorporating ballet moves into my client’s workouts. Ballet can be a great exercise for toning, balance, posture, and grace. However, most people don’t have ballet barres lying around their house for use. The good news is that for this quick workout — you don't need one!
Embrace your inner ballerina with these four toning exercises that you can do anywhere! Below the video, you'll find a breakdown of the exercises.
1. Booty leg lifts: Bend your right knee and flex your right foot. Your right outer thigh should face the sky. Keeping the toes lifted, pulse the leg.
2. Point pulses: Straighten the same leg and do the same thing with your right toes pointed for five counts.
3. Crunch tilts: With your arms in a “V” shape, tilt your upper body toward that working leg as the leg lifts. Repeat for 10 counts.
4. Plié: The traditional ballet plié. Do five pliés, then switch sides and do the entire workout on the left leg.
5. First position: Finish the sequence in this classic ballet pose. Feet should be turned out completely, with heels touching. Feet should form as straight a line as possible.
Want more? Check out these mbg workouts:
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.