5 Exercises For A Ballerina Body (You Don't Need The Barre!)
As a private yoga instructor and former dancer, I love incorporating ballet moves into my client’s workouts. Ballet can be a great exercise for toning, balance, posture, and grace. However, most people don’t have ballet barres lying around their house for use. The good news is that for this quick workout — you don't need one!
Embrace your inner ballerina with these four toning exercises that you can do anywhere! Below the video, you'll find a breakdown of the exercises.
1. Booty leg lifts: Bend your right knee and flex your right foot. Your right outer thigh should face the sky. Keeping the toes lifted, pulse the leg.
2. Point pulses: Straighten the same leg and do the same thing with your right toes pointed for five counts.
3. Crunch tilts: With your arms in a “V” shape, tilt your upper body toward that working leg as the leg lifts. Repeat for 10 counts.
4. Plié: The traditional ballet plié. Do five pliés, then switch sides and do the entire workout on the left leg.
5. First position: Finish the sequence in this classic ballet pose. Feet should be turned out completely, with heels touching. Feet should form as straight a line as possible.
Want more? Check out these mbg workouts:
Want to know if you should you go Keto? Paleo? Whole 30? Deciding what to eat to feel your best shouldn’t be complicated. We’ve removed the guesswork to give you all the best nutrition tips & tools, all in one place. Ready to kickstart your health journey? We’re here to guide you.