Feel Good Friday: 6 Things That Will Put A Smile On Your Face Right Now
In case you had a crappy week, or just because ... here are six stories from the last few days that we hope will make your day a little brighter!
1. Zach Miko, Target's only plus-size male model, made waves this week when he opened up about his struggle to find clothes he felt good in and admitted men deal with body-positivity issues, too. (.Mic)
2. Meet Pumpkin, a raccoon who thinks she's a dog. After being abandoned by her mother and falling out of a tree, Pumpkin was adopted by a couple (of humans), and lives as their pet alongside their two dogs. (Daily Mail)
3. Need some inspiration today? Check out Emmanuel Hilton, a teenager, student and JV soccer goalie. He was also born without legs. After being abandoned by his mother in his native Congo, Emmanuel was adopted by a Pennsylvania couple and is now thriving on the soccer field. (CBS)
4. Diagnosed with brain cancer when she was 14, Allie Allen recently relapsed and had to undergo chemotherapy, which caused her hair to fall out. In one of the most touching moments of the year so far, her friend and Homecoming date, Brayden Carpenter, shaved his head in surprise solidarity. (Bored Panda)
5. Kudos to Paul Henson who was not only fully onboard with his son Caiden's choice of to go as Elsa from Frozen for Halloween this year, but also plans to dress up himself as Anna. (Buzzfeed)
6. To mark what would have been John Lennon's 75th birthday, thousands of people (Yoko Ono included) gathered in Central Park to form the world's largest peace sign. No word yet on whether they achieved the record, but we'll applaud the day's message of peace and love regardless. (Gothamist)
Ready to learn more about how to unlock the power of food to heal your body, prevent disease & achieve optimal health? Register now for our FREE Functional Nutrition Webinar with Kelly LeVeque.